W H Cox & Son Ltd continually strives to minimise the impact of its family run business activities on the environment. We endeavour to comply with environmental standards and legislation throughout our organisation.
Our policy is to:
- Minimise our waste by recycling and/or reusing packing materials where practical.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our office/warehouse and vehicles in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Ensure all company vehicles are maintained to give maximum fuel economy and minimise emissions.
- Actively promote recycling internally and with our customers and suppliers.
- Plan routes and vehicle loads to maximise efficiency.
- Maintain and repair our wooden storage containers to increase life expectancy.
- Use reusable plastic crates for commercial moves.
- Use local suppliers where practical to reduce the carbon footprint.
- Recycle all office waste, including returning old printer cartridges to the manufacturer for recycling & composting shredded waste paper.
- Turn off lights and computers and appliances to minimise electricity usage.